Gluten-Free Gingerbread Men Recipe
School holidays are fast approaching and making Gluten-Free Gingerbread Men is a healthy activity the entire family will enjoy!
GLUTEN-FREE GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE
Makes: 10-15 Gingerbread Men
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes
Oven Temperature: 170ºC
- 500ml (275g) gluten-free cake flour
- 7ml ground ginger
- 3ml ground mixed spices
- 2,5ml bicarbonate of soda
- 135ml (125g) butter
- 145ml (125g) brown sugar
- 30ml golden syrup
- Icing and sweets to decorate (check that the sweets are gluten-free)
- Sieve the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda together.
- Rub in the butter.
- Stir in the sugar and syrup, and add a little water if the mixture is too dry.
- Roll out between two sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick.
- Use ginger bread men cutters to cut out shapes.
- Place the biscuits on a greased and lined tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before decorating.
- Decorate with icing and sweets and enjoy!